Monday, November 15, 2010

Windy & Wet - arghhh

The week begins and I wimped out and went to the gym instead of fighting through the wind and rain of this Seattle November day.  Treadmill work was boaring but I livend it up by doing intervals, still boaring but it was good to get a workout in under 40-minutes

Tonight I was listening to Chip Ingram while on the "mill" and he was very good, as is usual.  His comments were a great reminder that justice is an attribute of God that we skip over way to frequently.  I loved the way Chip commented on some people's response that "if God is good how can He send people to hell" - the response is that God doesn't send anyone to hell and has no desire that any should perish - (see John 3:16) - who goes to hell choses the road, we all must deal with Jesus, on way or the other.  He also reminded the listener that those that claim Jesus as their Lord and Saviour will also face judgement but we will be judged on what we have done with the gifts, talents, resources, money, relationships, etc. He has given to us.  I long to hear my Lord say someday "well done" - I have much to do for Him in order to receive those words but I strive to glorify my God and I'm grateful that "God so loved the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment