Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday run

I've been trying to figure out for quite some time how to get a lunchtime run in at work since we don't have a shower at the office.  I've seen the "runner wipes" and thought that unscented baby wipes would be cheaper and do the same thing so I've been carrying them in my gym bag hoping to give it a try.  Well, today was a beautiful day and the forcast for the weekend is nasty/rainy so I thought I would give it a go and take advantage of the sunshine.  (note: I did go later in the afternoon in the event the experiment failed-didn't want my co-workers to suffer!)  So I headed out in Poulsbo and quickly learned how steep Lincoln Rd really is, wow that's a hill!  Got a bit over 5-miles in over the 40-minute workout and felt really good, the last couple of hours at the office were very productive, it is a good thing to re-oxygenate the blood stream.  So a good experiment and a good run on a great fall afternoon.

We met some dear friends for dinner tonight who I hadn't seen in a really long time and they are very Godly people that are a joy to be with.  I was encouraged and blessed by them and hopefully they were blessed too.  Need to get some good mileage in this weekend but will get the gutters cleaned and spend some good time with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment