Monday, October 18, 2010

A new week = new opportunity

After a couple of decent runs this weekend (8.4 on Sat and 9.0 on Sun) back to the work routine and a shorter run tonight - felt good and got 4-miles in on another beautiful evening in Seattle.  Only a couple of weeks left before the time change and I'll be running in the dark or hitting the treadmill in the gymn each day - so I'm grateful for the nice evenings we've been having and will take everyone that's given!

I was thinking this morning that each day is so packed full of opportunity but I rarely chose to see it that way.  All to often the focus of my day is on what needs to get done/accomplished and who I need to meet with.  Yes, that is all true and important but each task I need to complete and each person I meet with is an opportunity as well... they could be "divine appointments" if we chose to view them that way.  Is there a word of encouragement, a word of wisdom, a listening ear, a testimony that can be offered in each meeting?  When I go into the day and each meetings with that frame of mind it is amazing how my perspective shifts - it really moves away from what "I need or want" to "what can I do for this other person" - food for thought, it certainly was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment